Nothing says the holidays like a warm fire, beautiful decor, good company and delicious food. This holiday season, celebrated interior designer and author, Nathan Turner, is hosting a two-night workshop, from December 3 through 5, 2021, focusing on cooking and entertaining the California way. A long-time friend and guest of the ranch, Nathan is returning again to host this winter-themed workshop for guests who want to impress family and friends over the holidays with new California country-inspired entertaining ideas. Read about his connection with The Alisal and how it reminds him of the cattle ranch where he grew up in Dreaming of the Alisal with Nathan Turner.
Stay tuned for more information!
You can read all about Nathan’s wonderful work at The Alisal in Veranda Magazine.
The DECEMBER 3-5, 2021 Workshop Includes:
- Western-themed accommodations
- In-Room Welcome Amenity customized by Nathan Turner
- Hay Wagon Ride to the historic Alisal Adobe for Breakfast
- Daily breakfast and dinner plus beverages (including non-alcoholic)
- Saturday holiday luncheon with Nathan Turner
- Complimentary wine tastings at nearby winery & tasting room destinations
- Daily workshops with Nathan Turner in design, cooking and lifestyle
PRICE: $1395.00 per night, double occupancy plus tax & 20% service charge.
Limited availability. Adults only.
California HOLIDAY WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Friday, December 3
- 3:00 p.m. Arrival and check-in at The Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort
- 5:00 p.m. Drinks and cocktail demo in the Oak Room
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner in the Sycamore Room with Book Signing— Theme: The Art of the Buffet
- 7:30 p.m. Under the stars an evening of S’mores and after-dinner drinks
SATURDAY, December 4
- 9:30 a.m. Breakfast followed by wreath making and holiday table scaping
- Free time Spa, pool, tennis, hike, nap or into town for wine tasting, shopping
- 12:30 p.m. Ride or hay wagon to the old adobe followed by holiday cooking demo followed by lunch
- 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. Free time
- 6:30 p.m. Holiday cocktails in Turner House (Includes cocktail demo or other entertaining tips i.e. how to create perfect bar, Champagne station etc.)
- 7:00 p.m. Holiday dinner in the Sycamore Room—Theme: A New Year’s Eve Cocktail-Style Dinner Party
SUNDAY, December 5
- 7:00 – 10 a.m. Breakfast at your leisure in the Ranch Room
- 12:00 p.m. Check out and departure
Photos from Alisal’s Turner House — Design by Nathan Turner
Be sure to read our post about the creation of Alisal’s Turner House — The recently designed three adjacent cottage suites on our Sycamore Lane boasting vintage artwork, decorative fixtures, and antiques curated by Turner. Additional accents include reclaimed barnwood paneling, a grand fireplace with a river rock façade, Ralph Lauren fabrics, and Pendleton accessories.