Welcome to the Alisal Barnyard where we have animals for the whole family to enjoy. Come meet our Miniature horses, Miniature Cattle, Goats, Pigs, Chickens and more. Check out the below tips and tricks for the best experience possible.
Tips to ENjoy the barnyard:
- Closed-toe shoes are required for your safety.
- Approach animals from the side and pet in the direction of the hair.
- Running makes animals think you are running from something so all interactions should take place at a walk.
- If an animal is napping, please let them nap. They interact throughout the day and, just like us, need time to themselves.
- Most important: have fun and ask any questions you have to the attendants!
Join our Barnyard team for a complimentary experience of Hog Wash. Our pigs love a good scrub on a warm day but space is limited! Check the activity guide for times. For the health and safety of our pigs, this activity is weather-dependent.
Have you ever wanted a lucky horse shoe that was made just for you? Or test your creativity and paint a pet rock? Join us for our barn-specific crafts and take home a little bit of The Alisal.
BARNYARD SCAVENGER HUNT
Add an educational twist to your barnyard experience by picking up a barnyard scavenger hunt handout.
Learn about the animals and their origins.